Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

New rims & tyres for E53

I'm looking at these boys here: Euroline - TA079 With TOYO tyres, I've been quoted at $3600inc which I thought was pretty good. Tyres are 315/15 20".

I'm pretty sure they are the optional wheels for the E70 but obviously replicas as that money.

Use Mag and Tyre Direct,forum sponser and bloody good to deal with.

I think if your not local to a branch they often do deals on freight in leiu of fitting the wheels and tyres

They look to have the wheel you are after - Link

I've been quoted $3200 from TyreLand Dunedin with Toyo tyres & they will trade my old ones. I wonder what they are worth? They have 6 on the rear and 7mm on the back, GoodYear 285 55 18" I think?

Thats them, but I think they are 10's and 11's ?

Edited by Clinton

I do struggle to keep up with the car changes ;), but don't you want to be able to drive up and down gravel roads with a jetski on the back? Are 20s the best option for that?

I do struggle to keep up with the car changes ;), but don't you want to be able to drive up and down gravel roads with a jetski on the back? Are 20s the best option for that?

I'll see gravel mate yeah but that's it.

This isn't an offroad car IMO, I have a new LT-A 750cc Suzuki ATV for that - My neighors struggle more to keep up with the different cars every few months, but nah, it's done & dusted, we're keeping this X5.

Yeah - wasn't imagining you'd go offroad on the 18s either, just wondering whether you'd be keen on 20s on shingle. I'd prefer more sidewall...

Ordered, they're going on on Thursday morning!

Getting it chipped on Saturday morning in Chrischurch!

They look like our Focus XR5 Turbo's Wheels :P Nice choice though should look great, you'd think so with the attached price tag :rolleyes:

Edited by Forrest

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats what the style is off.

Thats cheap mate, the motorsport E70 20" wheels are over $5000 just for the rims! Trading my wheels in so it will only cost me $2700.

How are you liking the XR5?

They have to be the best looking hot hatch, they have the Volvo 5 cylinder turbo motor?

^ Well my Dad loves it, Yup it has the Volvo 5 cyl motor. Has a heap of torque, can leave it in 6th gear at passing lanes, just give it a bit of welly and blow past anything, sounds awesome too. Ford NZ brought a few of these in: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchb...rive/index.html Trying to convince him to upgrade...but at 90k it isn't a financially viable option when this has far more bang for buck than the RS. Very cool car, worth an upgrade over the GTS :P ..(I would say that being a true blue Ford fan)..but then again Dad did trade in a 310kw FPV GT for the Focus so nothing is impossible haha.

Tyres for 20s aren't cheap for a start - I thought the price was fine.

Ford NZ brought a few [Focus RSs] in. Trying to convince him to upgrade...but at 90k it isn't a financially viable option when this has far more bang for buck than the RS.

Are they really going to try charge $90k for it? That's criminal. Should be about $70k, based on overseas relativity to other Foci and VW/Renault etc.

^ I'm pretty sure it is 80 - 90. It is Turbo 4WD so it does look expensive compared to your evo, rex etc.

I'd prefer a REAR or 4WD for that kind of power/torque myself.

Good on him for trading in the Failcon mate, to be fair I'm not a Ford person but Euro fords are an exception to me especially, owned a 2002 Mondeo and loved it, awesome build quality!

Edited by Clinton