Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

e30 exhaust

Hi Y'all.

My daughter has a car so she has no money, she does have a generous father however...

I think we need a new exhaust, the rear muffler was changed about 6 months ago, el cheapo 2 into 1... not my doing.

Now it's sounding like a tractor.

I'm looking to replace the whole system from head to bumper.

I've been looking & see lots of options, factory to m or full race stuff. Various prices, lots of suppliers...

Q. what's a good reasonably cheap set up?

Q. Can I mix & match? see pelican have cheap headers, can get a cat sumwear else & cat back also.

Q. With headers, they will be for US market & I specify RHD correct?

Q/ All the sales lists indicate m20 b25, so the exhaust is the same for all 6 cylinder variants, 20 23 25 27?, as opposed to the 18 which is a single pipe front to back..

Should just pull one out of another E30. Lembo might have one - 0430040550. Or BMAE (Malaga). Don't waste too much time on a 320i.

Edited by tastic

Kin hel man... It's my daughters daily drive, it's got 200+k's on it & was an old mans car.

I already bought her 1 car, a e30 318, she got Tboned. Wouldn't let her drive a hyundai, so I buy her a e30 2 litre, goes fine, nothing wroung with it, not about to go stroking it or blowing it.

It's a 20 year old car, so chances are it'll need some maintenance, now & again, and as kind loving father I help her out occasionally.

2nd hand I can find around maddington, it's an option, specially so I can spend some money on my own car.

Still, like to do the right thing with cars, fix it once then forget it...

Want to change the exhaust on my car too, again I'll be buying a new one, factory muffler on a V8 sucks, so I put a 3" single pipe & straight through muffler, goes good, but sounds like a Holden. & drones inside.

Now I have to replace it again, shoulda done it tright the first time!

Edit: Please resize your pictures. This isn't the first time. Cheers

Edited by Nick021

if buying from the U.S you need t be careful about what you buying. The 2.5l stuff should be fine but as far as I know they didnt sell the 320i over there. Often though you can mix and match parts from other models eg the radiator for the 320i and the 325e were the same part (from memory). However for a complete exhaust I think I would be putting on some good used factory headers and maybe some custom muffler work.

If you are ordering anything from overseas you should only do it by part number ie cross referencing the correct BMW part nos. It gets very expensive ifyou have to freight something thats incorrect back to the states.

Edited by ducatiss

Is your daughter single?

Also, I'm using a 2.5 with 2L exhaust.

LHD headers won't clear the steering I don't think. You would need RHD headers.

Probably no need to replace the headers... unless they're buggered or something. my whole exaust is fine... If I were you.. I'd just replace the muffler with a good replacement...

I think that's what you're asking <.<

Haha, I think she's single, she was last week.. wait, it's sunday, who knows? good healthy kiwi girl she is...

Yeah I've bought stuff from TMS for myself & never had a problem, freights a killer, but still cheaper than local, still cheaper than 25% off supercheap where daughter works, in Rockingham..

Thanks for the line on the exhaust, they only differentiate between the 4 cylinder & the 6, so I figure they all the same. Is M stuff any different, as far as fitting goes? ATM she's only got factory iron manifold.

Then again ATMoment she aint got any money; and neither will I shortly...

My son's 16 & working on e23, guess who's financing that?

Haha, I think she's single, she was last week.. wait, it's sunday, who knows? good healthy kiwi girl she is...

Yeah I've bought stuff from TMS for myself & never had a problem, freights a killer, but still cheaper than local, still cheaper than 25% off supercheap where daughter works, in Rockingham..

Thanks for the line on the exhaust, they only differentiate between the 4 cylinder & the 6, so I figure they all the same. Is M stuff any different, as far as fitting goes? ATM she's only got factory iron manifold.

Then again ATMoment she aint got any money; and neither will I shortly...

My son's 16 & working on e23, guess who's financing that?

TMS? whats that? Just because they don't differentiate between 6 cyl models and left and right hand drive does not necessarily mean that they are all the same.....