Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Check brake linings E53

Have this error message coming up on my OBC - I'm 99% sure it means replace brake pads however, they seem to have plenty of meat on them & I'm pretty sure they were replaced just before I bought it 3000km ago.

Is there any way of resetting the computer for it to re-calibrate? If I leave the car off for over an hour the error message keeps coming up.

Cheers.

Have this error message coming up on my OBC - I'm 99% sure it means replace brake pads however, they seem to have plenty of meat on them & I'm pretty sure they were replaced just before I bought it 3000km ago.

Is there any way of resetting the computer for it to re-calibrate? If I leave the car off for over an hour the error message keeps coming up.

Cheers.

Check sensors, Located on front left and rear right wheel,

may have come out of the caliper, or worn through

Needs new pads, can't have been done. It's booked in for Thursday and they're paying for it to be done.

Out of curiosity, is there some kind of post sale warranty for things like this? I have a 2 year mechanical warranty which doesn't cover this, but they've offered to replace the pads anyway.