Sign in to follow this  
central3

Mobile phone interface

Fitted my multi function steering wheel kit this weekend and now I would like to know the best way to purchase and fit a mobile phone interface that will function as per the BMW system (steering wheel controls, mike, voice dial, phone book display on the head unit etc)

I found this http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_E46_Bluetooth...structions.html - advice please

Edited by central3

There is always this option which will integrate into your head unit and give you full use of your mfl.

>>clickme<<

Fitted my multi function steering wheel kit this weekend and now I would like to know the best way to purchase and fit a mobile phone interface that will function as per the BMW system (steering wheel controls, mike, voice dial, phone book display on the head unit etc)

I found this http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_E46_Bluetooth...structions.html - advice please

BMW have 2 x options:

TCU = Telematics Control Unit. This is the integrated bluetooth unit which pairs with your mobile phone in your pocket. Allows voice voice control and interagtion of phone book into radio / nav / instrument cluster (depending on what radio / nav / instrument cluster you have)

The tCU also has the subscription Assist service.

ULF = Universal charging and handsfree unit. This is also a bluetooth unit with voice control, but has the benefit that you can voice control your nav as well. No Assist.

Installation instructions are readily available

ULF and TCUs can be found on eBay 2nd hand

Check if your car has the wiring loom fitted.

Can you retrofit a multifunctional steering wheel in a E46?? This sounds great! Do you mind sharing some info please? I've got a E46 318ti with 4 spike steering wheel. Would this work? How much did you pay? Thanks heaps.

Can you retrofit a multifunctional steering wheel in a E46?? This sounds great! Do you mind sharing some info please? I've got a E46 318ti with 4 spike steering wheel. Would this work? How much did you pay? Thanks heaps.

Have a browse through this thread here >>Clicky me<<

In my case I was able to purchase an upgrade kit to fit to my 3 spoke wheek. It cost me $427 including frieght from my local BMW dealer. Fitment was straight forward, took a few hours.

It looks like you can do the same but the kit maybe more expensive refer - link

Edited by central3

Have a browse through this thread here >>Clicky me<<

Thanks. I had a look and it's too much for me. I've got yhe 4 spike wheel. I will just have to extend my arm to the radio i guess..... <_<