Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Might be going V12

Giving this a small try, might get it for a bargain - never owned a V12 before - does anyone know anything about them?

The shop next door to mine owns it currently, the poor chap died at Christmas time. The car sat for virtually 13 years in the shed behind my work, it's done an original 88k miles and is in pretty good order. Dunno if I'll own it for the money I have to spend at the moment.

Visit My Website

Edited by Clinton

Nice Score Clinton...a friend of mine bought a 6 cylinder xj6/s? (I think!) for a bit more than that, as a project car. It was dereged and full of rust, he will be pissed when i tell him this lol

Inspect the WHOLE coolant system carefully. Including heater core, ALL hoses and fittings. XJ's from '80 to '88 had MAJOR water issues very early in thier lives, starting anywhere from 'bout 10,00km on. As this one has been sitting so long i would hazard a guess that it will need some work in that area.

Still good buying tho'.

I've spoken to the owners wife and he paid $5k for it late last year, he was looking after it for a friend who had it stored for 13 years and then bought it, sent it to a mechanic and it had another 5k spent on getting it up and running. I haven't picked it up yet but they assure me it's in great order, it was in very good nick before it was cleaned up anyway. Put it this way, what else V12 can you get for $3500?

Read it Mitch, it's a Jag.

EDIT: I can't even remember posting these, jeez!

post-2864-1273354683.jpg

post-2864-1273354691.jpg

Edited by Clinton