Sign in to follow this  
thestag

BMW 850CI FOR SALE

This is an iconic collectable BMW. First built in the late 1989 and through until 1999 this model was a ground breaking design for BMW with an impressive V12 5ltr engine.

This BMW 850 is one of only 3 of this exact version (850CI) registered in NZ. I requested the registration details from LTNZ and have a excel spreadsheet to back it up.

In great shape this vehicle runs smooth. Currently on display at Coombes Johnston BMW Hamilton. Serviced and maintained since I have owned it at Coombes Johnston BMW.

Try YOUTUBE BMW850 to see some of the interesting facts and videos of this type of vehicle.

Vehicle sold with personalised plate BMW850.

Selling on Trademe or privately for $21500.00 ONO

Listing #: 289630679

post-5693-1273551075.jpg

Beauty.

Has anyone driven one and can comment on what they are like? I assume fast and comfortable.

not many 8-serise in white.LOVE it,

Beauty.

Has anyone driven one and can comment on what they are like? I assume fast and comfortable.

I have had it on the track at pukekohe, not a race car, top end speed endless but corners and brakes not so much. This is a Grand Tourer at it finest. Track 210km on the back straight lapping about 1.22 - 1.23

If you're still interested in how it drives, heres a short review of mine.

Disclaimer: I don't know how well mechanically mine is compared to the white one.

The engine should be silk smooth, mine isn't but it should be. You can feel the weight of the car EVERYWHERE. Pulling away from the lights is not quick but certainly not slow. If you're not always in a hurry she's decent quick. On the motorway though, the weight is pleasant as you feel very planted and confident. Overtaking is simple, foot down, and you're at 140 by no time. EXTREMELY comfortable, ideal for long cruises. In the corners with the suspension set on sports mode, the body roll is reduced but still significant. You will definitely feel the weight, but it's very poised and predictable. Fuel consumption. 5L V12, who cares.

But perhaps the most important note is, the car doesn't hurry you along. I've got a great big loud exhaust but you still don't feel urged to speed. Sit in the car and you feel like you've arrived, I find myself not being able to do anything but cruise, which is what the car is built for. It floats on the road but with a very very weird sense of control, I suppose it feels like a good handling ship on water?? :wacko:

Overall a very pleasant car. Mine is far from perfect, and I racked up 500kms in the first 24 hrs of ownership, that's how much I loved it. Hamilton from Auckland feels like going to the dairy. Be careful though, 60 feels like 20, 100 feels like 60 and 160 feels like 100....

Isn't it time we have an Autobahn too?

Edited by zara