Sign in to follow this  
Heino

e36 lowering springs

does anybody have anything of the sort? for a reasonable price...

i have a bmw 1997 316i.

text me oon 0212312326.

Thanks Heino.

Plenty on TM at reasonable prices $60-180...was having a look last night.

Plenty on TM at reasonable prices $60-180...was having a look last night.

Okay thanks for letting me know.

Oh forgot, Danutt was selling some not long ago for $80-compressed 50mm lowering... i would have bought them but my 18x9's def would have rubbed.

Here's the link...might be worth it, too pm him and see if he still has them.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....=28960&st=0

Oh forgot, Danutt was selling some not long ago for $80-compressed 50mm lowering... i would have bought them but my 18x9's def would have rubbed.

Here's the link...might be worth it, too pm him and see if he still has them.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....=28960&st=0

Thanks bro i got hold of him but they are sold. Do you recon my 18x8z would rub?

What is the offset and what sized rubber are you putting on? I had trouble with the fronts rubbing on the inside a tiny bit 2-3mm but got that fixed by putting on steering locks and also had to slightly roll my rear guards...i still plan to drop it about it 20-30 mm as the stance on standard suspension is not too bad imo.

What is the offset and what sized rubber are you putting on? I had trouble with the fronts rubbing on the inside a tiny bit 2-3mm but got that fixed by putting on steering locks and also had to slightly roll my rear guards...i still plan to drop it about it 20-30 mm as the stance on standard suspension is not too bad imo.

Hi there the offset is 42 and i want to put 215 40 18z on but im wondering whether 215 35 18 wil fit on a 8 inch rim :S i could also get my guards rolled it that would help.. *i want the car to be as low as it possibly can be.*

Those should fit nicely...my main problem was with the fronts and the rubber touching the sway bar supports, you shouldnt have any of those issues apart from the tyre hitting the outside guards when lowered.

Check out the wheels and tyre section theres some good info on offsets and a wheel calculator.

Those should fit nicely...my main problem was with the fronts and the rubber touching the sway bar supports, you shouldnt have any of those issues apart from the tyre hitting the outside guards when lowered.

Check out the wheels and tyre section theres some good info on offsets and a wheel calculator.

Thanks im getting my guards rolled tomoro before i put my wheels on! finally opening all the sealed boxes! and putting rubber on them! will post some photos! :P hope it dusnt end up being super high after they are on!

Mine on standard springs sit alright on 18's, only thing i dislike is the front seems slightly high and lows and super lows may cause me too many issues. So i may be looking at adjustables...oh god $$$ :lol:

Hi there the offset is 42 and i want to put 215 40 18z on but im wondering whether 215 35 18 wil fit on a 8 inch rim :S i could also get my guards rolled it that would help.. *i want the car to be as low as it possibly can be.*

If you want it low, or something like your picture you have photoshoped.

50mm wont cut it, go 80mm - 110mm on 18s

To get car lowest possible

Then cert

Edited by Mash

Don't bother getting your guards rolled you don't need it. Don't go 215/35/18, use a 215/40/18. Which brand did you end up going with?

Legally you can only go to 100mm off the ground wuithout getting your car certed. U have springs here brand new with ful warranty for $399 fitted.

Don't bother getting your guards rolled you don't need it. Don't go 215/35/18, use a 215/40/18. Which brand did you end up going with?

Legally you can only go to 100mm off the ground wuithout getting your car certed. U have springs here brand new with ful warranty for $399 fitted.

Yeah im getting 215 40 18 right now im leaving now to get them put on. and okay mate are those jamex springs? an ill ccme up with soome cash and get back to you?

Yeah im getting 215 40 18 right now im leaving now to get them put on. and okay mate are those jamex springs? an ill ccme up with soome cash and get back to you?

yo bro, just get them compressed , ill hook you up from a mate, and he will do your guards for free.

yo bro, just get them compressed , ill hook you up from a mate, and he will do your guards for free.

Don't be a dumbass and get them compressed. Do it safely and legally and buy proper lowering springs. If you have the correct offset wheels and the correct size tyres you won't need you guards rolled.

hae bro whos your mate? does he compress for free?

Don't be a dumbass and get them compressed. Do it safely and legally and buy proper lowering springs. If you have the correct offset wheels and the correct size tyres you won't need you guards rolled.

its just finding the right spring kit for it that doesnt cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

its just finding the right spring kit for it that doesnt cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

We have new springs in stock that will give you that drop for $379 fitted. You do realise if you compress your springs you will need a cert?

We have new springs in stock that will give you that drop for $379 fitted. You do realise if you compress your springs you will need a cert?

Whats the make of the springs and what sort of drop does that give me?

could be keen.....

*i want a good deal for a good drop...* as i can get it compressed for 180... but would rather prefer springs even if second hand..

Whats the make of the springs and what sort of drop does that give me?

could be keen.....

*i want a good deal for a good drop...* I doubt you will find a better deal on new springs installed

as i can get it compressed for 180... but would rather prefer springs even if second hand..

They are Jamex springs and will give a 45-50mm drop from standard factory ride height.

Don't Forget - you NEED a cert if you want to get compressed springs so add another $400 to your price of $180.

Personally I would never compress springs - the ride quality is just so bad after they have beed tampered with.

They are Jamex springs and will give a 45-50mm drop from standard factory ride height.

Don't Forget - you NEED a cert if you want to get compressed springs so add another $400 to your price of $180.

Personally I would never compress springs - the ride quality is just so bad after they have beed tampered with.

true. choices choices choices... :S

Also compressed springs reduce your chance of joining the exclusive 36MAFIA :P

so dont do it.

Buying from forum sponsors will increase your chance.

Edited by ///MICHAEL

Also compressed springs reduce your chance of joining the exclusive 36MAFIA :P

so dont do it.

Buying from forum sponsors will increase your chance.

k bro.. will see what i can do kinda sont wana compress anymre from what i herd and guy at spring shop seemed as if he was lying.... says "no they wont sag the will hold there shape and will not effect your ride at all."