Sign in to follow this  
b mike w

propeller/drive shaft replacement

hey guys i am about to undertake the replacement of my propeller shaft/drive shaft bearing. what i am wondering is if anyone on here knows how to do this and is it able to just be done in one day? or should i take it into a shop to get fixed? is it able to be done in your shed just with basic tools or do you need things like tourqe renches.etc? also if it is able to be done in your shed does anyone have any access to a DIY guide or something similar.

Any help would be great, i have been putting this off for to long so now it is time for me to get it done.

Thanks guys

If you get a manual or find a DIY online it is pretty easy.

Won't walk through it with you as it has been discussed everywhere before.

You need most normal tools apart from a bearing puller and a big pair of stilsons or a big plumbers wrench.

A helper to put it in-and-out of gear everytime you undo a nut on either end of the driveshaft.

Everything else is pretty self explanatory, just make sure you paint some marks everywhere before you remove and especially where you split it in half so the driveshaft doesn't become unbalanced.

Hope that helps.