Sign in to follow this  
JiB

8" wide on FL E30

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has 8" fronts on an E30 that fits like factory?

Not interested in aggressive looking or poke or stretch. I don't want to roll my guards, or remove guard lining, or use more than 2.5deg camber.

I have 225 width semi slicks I want to fit inthe guards whilst retaining full suspension travel without rubbing.

So far I've come up with an offset of 18p on an 8" wheel, but I'm really not sure on clearances. Closest wheel I've found are these. I miss not having 4x114.3 :(

Anyone have experience with 8" non-poke/stretch/roll?

nathan (brams) was running his 8" borbs for a while. not too sure how it went but they were on. should ask him.

The Borb's were a mission to fit and they were barely 'factory fit', even if you wanted OE sized tyres eg 205 or 215/50 you will still more than likely have issues with those archliners. I had 205/55 with a ET15 wheel, 60mm drop in the front and it crunched the front guards, and that setup would more than likely rub in the rear on a touring becuase of the FL guards and the fact there is alot more weight over the rear wheels.

In essence you will struggle to fit a 225 and keep archliners etc even if you nail the offset, but that is just my relatively inexperienced opinion. What profile are the 225's?

Edited by Brams

Either 225/50R15 or 225/45R16's.... poop. 225's fitted no probs on the race car...but I had camber :(

Don't totally take my word for it, wait for a expert to enter there thoughts here.