Sign in to follow this  
danutt

wierd gauge bug?

got an e36 coupe 325i 93

heres the wierd issue

driving around and at random times the gauges all go off(revs drop back to zero etc)

then a few seconds later it all lights back up again as if i just started the car

anyone have this before or has an idea of what i may be so i can start the troubleshooting haha

cheers

is a common problem with ford mondeos and focus's in those cars its the cluster at fault.

As above, - probably a dry joint inside the cluster

got an e36 coupe 325i 93

heres the wierd issue

driving around and at random times the gauges all go off(revs drop back to zero etc)

then a few seconds later it all lights back up again as if i just started the car

anyone have this before or has an idea of what i may be so i can start the troubleshooting haha

cheers

I have the same issue with my car 1995 328i coupe, amazing, I might just unplug it all and clean the connections and bung it back in again. I havent bothered with it as it doesnt affect the running of the car, but yeah its weird.

before you unplug... remove battery for at least 1 min. or your airbag light will come on.

before you unplug... remove battery for at least 1 min. or your airbag light will come on.

will give that a shot and let you know if it worked

i should start a thread for people with e36 parts laying around want to donate to me to fix mine up haha kinda like a bimmersport car haha

ill start with door cards(black)

leather coupe front seats

good alternator

and maybe an mtech front bumper hahaha