Sign in to follow this  
soarer260@hotmail.com

Places to store cars...

:mellow:

So as things progress with my car project I will need a place to store it while working on it's upgrades come August for at least 6 months, unfortunately I have used up all the room at a yard where the donor engine half cut is being kept so it rules that place out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of good lock ups or storage garages around the auckland area? I looked at some lock ups in the Penrose area last year when contemplating on storing another car but didn't pursue it.

Only problem with going for one of those is that they are expensive, theres limited room and I doubt you can really work on them there where welding is involved because of the fire hazard.

Though... I have two other possibilities, I could pester my mechanic mate a bit more about shoving the car in small corner of his relatively large mechanics garage (eventually the car will go there to have the motor dropped in) and another friend has a lock up garage type thing, accept its full of two 4x4's and rather a lot of junk, which he is too lazy to clean up.. but the possibility is there if I cut a good deal.

Anyhow, any further suggestions?

and another friend has a lock up garage type thing, accept its full of two 4x4's and rather a lot of junk, which he is too lazy to clean up.. but the possibility is there if I cut a good deal.

Offer to clean it up for him in exchange for storing ya car there. That's what i would try first mate.