Sign in to follow this  
E30_318i

note to car dealers

Don't buy a car from Conti's. There service department is crap.

It took me 3 visits in a week to get a date to service our 348tb. We had 3 other people with Ferrari's down in CHC who also wanted their cars looked at.

So, if they don't look after us, and we've spent well over a million dollars on cars with them.

How will they look after you, if you buy an Alfa or a Jeep? :banghead:

How will they look after you, if you buy an Alfa or a Jeep? :banghead:

Actually really well. The Wrangler recently had its 24,000km service and they were pretty good.

Also we had a few questions about it (as the previous owner bought it new from Conti's), and they were able to provide all of the answers.

Cheers

I guess they have to be more responsive as they actually have competition in these brands.

They are not getting an order for another Maserati or Ferrari from me.

I guess they have to be more responsive as they actually have competition in these brands.

They are not getting an order for another Maserati or Ferrari from me.

There is probably more than an ounce of truth in that, I mean a monkey could service a Wrangler, but not everyone could service a Ferrari

I don't know about that Grant. There are only a few people "qualified" to fix a Ferrari, however, they are no more techo than a new BMW.

The injection in the Testarossa was like a truck diesel system. You need some special tools for diagnostics, but even Conti's took a year to fix a fault in the 348.

It is the pure arrogance of them, that I dislike. It doesn't matter who you are, you should be given the courtesy of a response (even if it is one you don't want to hear). They just ignored my requests for a service date (didn't need to be urgent) and yet, they couldn't do it.

:rambo: Stuff them, the guys at Lambo are dead keen to sell us the next car. It is a shame, as the new Ferrari's and Maserati's are brilliant.

word..... f**k ya would think they would be on the ball considering the money on a ferrari, service counts more than anything to consumers, their loss i guess

On the service front I've had pretty good service from Shellys, even pick-up / drop-off courtesy service for regular servicing (eg- they pick up my car, leave me a courtesy car while they do the job & vice versa).

The worst dealer experience I've had so far was waiting for parts ex-Japan for my S15 200SX. Try 10 weeks for relatively common parts.

McMillans do a great job of looking after our car too. They definitely make money out of me, but they always squeeze the car in and do it swiftly. So, their service department keeps me coming back and probably will get another sale out of me. :thumb:

but they always squeeze the car in and do it swiftly. So, their service department keeps me coming back and probably will get another sale out of me.

Always routine stuff of course eh Cain????.Mcmillans did my pre purchase check on the 535,all done by phone and fax,the guy spent some time on the phone with me,thought that was good for only 135.....Have heard some murmurs about xr6 turbos....

Edited by kiwi535

The worst dealer experience I've had so far was waiting for parts ex-Japan for my S15 200SX. Try 10 weeks for relatively common parts.

My dads mate bought a new Holden Rodeo last year. About 5 weeks ago the engine blew up, and its been at W&A Holden since. They told him bullshit about the replacement engine up to last week, saying it wasn't in the country, and only found out about the bullshit being told until he rang Holden in Auckland, as the engine had been sitting up there for three weeks :unsure:

After he found that out, he went around to Nissan, took the salesman around to Holden, and got a trade-in price on a new Navara :lol: That'll teach the bastards.

the engine was probably held up in customs.....holden parts warehouse is based in trentham, wellington. unless he f**ked it bigtime then the rebuild parts would be off the shelf from there, crate motors aren't kept in stock because there isn't any real demand for them, pointless.

smaller parts (anyting that doesnt need to be sea freighted) can be got within 7 working days, delivered.... goes on weight - we can get truck bumpers in this timeframe.

The engine was burning oil from day one, the dealer told him it would all bead into place after some miles under its belt, sounds like the same story of the early LS1s :lol:

Maybe thats the reason why they went for a new engine, dunno, I'll ask later, either way, they didn't tell him the truth.

yeah must have been a one off or something.... haha early ls1s are so sh*t, i know of so many that f**ked out before 10000km..... apparently the skirt on the piston isn't long enough for where the gudgeon pin in positioned in relation, they end up reaming the bores oval