Sign in to follow this  
2jze34

information gathering

Ive currently started work on my e34, but am searching for a little advise. Ive noticed a couple of guys on here going down the RB route...which quite frankly is a good one. However Ive always built cars for uniqueness, and as i have a mate putting in a RB25/30 into his e30 i chose not to.

As is at the moment im getting (trying to)everything on the car sorted before the heart surgery, such as brakes and suspension. As well as hunting out cosmetics like body kit, paint ,HID lights etc etc. Now to business, im wanting to put in a 2jz-gte (obviously worked before installed) but have a few thoughts/questions i would like to see if anyone has knowledgeable opinion of.

1.)would just a new sump fabrication be worth it or should i just run dry sump? asking simply to do with cross member clearance and ease of install.

2.)I want to keep it looking like a "sleeper" so don't want a big(often pointless)inter-cooler mounted in the middle of a butchered body kit, so because there isn't a huge amount of open grill would the inter-cooler have any effect on the radiators performance?

3.) has the steering column and or brake booster ever posed a problem with a jap engine install?

4.) (may sound stupid) but does how far forward or back the engine is mounted effect the handling and or braking? is it easy to calculate engine weight distribution?

5.) where can i get a 4.1 ratio LSD???? (six bolt-med case)

will try to post pics of my baby within the next week so you can see progress so far.