Sign in to follow this  
arros

E39 front bumper: part or repair

Neither Ray or Brent have one- thanks for the response BTW :rolleyes:

May have to investigate plastic repair... I think it's the respray that would cost the most by far <_<

Any experience with plastic welding repair places in Auckland?- I only know of Bumper Replacement Ltd in Penrose and they are only open weekdays

Edited by arros

To give you an idea on price, I have just had my motorsport one done. $80 just for welding or $330 for welding and full respray.

Cheers. I will probably need to the the the same: weld n respray

the plastic repair company on archers rd in wairau valley they do a really good job and they know there s##t.

thats who we out sorce our bumper repairs to and we do pretty much repair only euros.

Speaking about out sourcing.... something I didn't think of: claim it through insurance!!- get someone else to do it, don't know why I did't think of it- My excess is $250... more that cost of 'trying' to repair myself but at least job will be done properly. I was thinking of plastic adhesives (Gorilla Glue or Bondo repair kit) and strengthening and sanding and painting and blah blah

Getting the pros to do it= better finish + less hastle

BMWorkshop recommend (for all their repair work) Nicholas Panelbeaters in Newton (Auckland) so I'll see how it it goes, few scratches on the other side to damaged area so will see if they can respray whole bumper to clean it up nice :rolleyes: Then service car.. then sell :wacko: (not so sure now- especially if front is gonna look better post the crunch) Looking for manual. E46/E39 are too rare- looking at trying an Alfa Romeo 156

Edited by arros