Sign in to follow this  
MGL

M52 Cam sensor

Anyone have a brand new M52 intake cam angle sensor in stock for less than $200? I think the original part number is 12141703221.

I see theres someone on trademe selling them for $180, but I want one before the weekend, and I don't get paid until friday.

Cheers

$200 isnt a bad price mate.. I'd count that as lucky. I just got a bill today to get the sensor and 6 new sparkplugs on my E39 installed for $650. I maybe should have reasearched and did it myself... Let us know how you get on...

Yeah, thats sort of what I was scared of! Still, the advantage of paying someone to do it is that you know its done right.

I've already pulled mine out and checked over it- its totally shagged, all the insulation on the signal wires has basically fallen off, so its shorting out- you'll be driving along and the car turns off- which is kind of scary, since that means the steering and breaks cock out too.

Glenn gave me good instructions on taking the sensor out, its not too hard, just a bit fiddly.

I also tried rebuilding the sensor and replacing all the wiring- worked for two days then the solder gets too weak and it falls appart again. If anyone is interested I've also got the pin-outs for the sensor now (you acutally have to cut it open though)

Its just really annoying- it is just plain crap quality, the origional one- the only problem with it is the wires, the sensor and the plug are both fine. Sucks that the one on my e30 which is 11 years older shows no signs of giving up any time soon.

Cheers,

Matt