Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

Removing That Black Glue Stuff

Hey, Was looking at my cars rear bumper and noticed that it seemed to have dropped. Found 2 screws on the side sin the wheel arch and the "bumper" came off. Didn't actually know that the people before me or before them had stuck on "kit" thingy (idk what they're called im real noob when it comes to cars.).

They used 2 screws and that black glue stuff used everywhere else on the car. Atm I can't decided if I want to put it back on or remove the glue and make it stock again except its missing the diffuser. But i just want to clean that black gunk off for now.

Any advice?

Pics of what I mean.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First remove as much of the sealant / adhesive as possible using a plastic scraper, or go and buy a "caramel wheel" available from most automotive paint shops. The wheel fits into the chuck of a drill, it is made of rubber and usually used to remove stickers, pinstripes etc. Or, you could try turps, kerosene, brake cleaner or petrol, but I suspect the PO used something like windscreen sealant which is resistant to most solvents.