Sign in to follow this  
Ice101

New member with questions

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and considering purchasing a 2000 750il. I was hoping that you might be able to answer a few questions that I have:

Firstly, how much more gas does the V12 use? I currently drive a V8 so know that bigger engine = bigger fuel bills, I would just like a rough idea of how much bigger. (used as a daily driver, and I don't really have a heavy foot).

Secondly, what is it like trying to source spare parts for this type of car? They don't seem too common, so I'm guessing it might be an issue.

Are there known problems with this particular model that I should be looking at when I inspect the said car?

Is the car easy to work on as far as carrying out normal servicings ie oil changes, spark plugs etc.

And lastly, will I need to rob a bank to have any servicing, maintenance work carried out at a workshop?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and apologies for rocking up with a stack of questions without even owning a Beemer yet!

And lastly, will I need to rob a bank to have any servicing, maintenance work carried out at a workshop?

First off and welcome to the forum, Yup nice big deep pockets are always handy with dealing with your beemer. ;) , In saying that if you do keep it maintained as per schedule you have a car you will love and probably have very little problems.

Edited by M-Spec