Sign in to follow this  
sp8s

wtd 235/45x17

As above need for the new rims

NO cheap chinese things please. I want to stay alive.

As above need for the new rims

NO cheap chinese things please. I want to stay alive.

PM sent

Rims are 17 x 8

speedo is 2 k slow this size will bring it up to about right according to the tyre size indicators but hey i will listen to the experts who have the experience.

Calculator here

Edited by sp8s

It might bring the speedo closer to accurate but it will also make the gearing taller and with the massive power of the 318 you may have to watch your terminal speed, or more likely it will make the car accelerate slower which may be more noticable.

You will benefit from keeping the gearing shorter.

You could run a 215 / 45's on the front and reduce the total rubber on the road - this would give better handling and reduce rolling resistance / drag which is a good thing for a 318.

Cheeky begger. It is a Ti so cruising speed is just below light speed (I cant quite keep up with Voyager but close, but i do get away from the Vulcans)

I have had PM's from zenetti an had a chat with some of the guys that race cars around here and have decided to go 265.35 on the back and 165.80 on the front (less rolling resistance as you mentioned, and the stretch on the 165's will look the biz) have also decided to drop the front suspension about 3 inch's as well to give it a slight rake.

NOT

I am going to go 225's all round as I have been advised from the experts here.

Thanks to all who contacted me.

Edited by sp8s