Sign in to follow this  
1N STYL

Price check

Has any1 enquired about Supercharges and Turbos for E36's

just wondering how cheap they, thought they might be a good price seen that so many are done in Germany and OS, so the kit is premade, so don't have to worry about getting a custom manifold made.

so yeah pirce of sc and for a turbo kit.

Including like intercooler and stuff.

and is a engine re-build needed? running low boost?

Has any1 enquired about Supercharges and Turbos for E36's

just wondering how cheap they, thought they might be a good price seen that so many are done in Germany and OS, so the kit is premade, so don't have to worry about getting a custom manifold made.

When i enquired about supercharging and turbo charging they came up to about the same price ...

The price they quoted me for second hand turbo and installation and certification came up to about $6K ...

As for running on low boost there is no need to do the internal works ...

A good brand new bolt on supercharger kit can cost atleast $5K USD Landed.

Take a look at this site.

My brother has same stuff from them and they are good ... I've posted it up here before, do a search and you'll find it.(330Ci)

always remember this.

when turbo / supercharging a car....

fast

cheap

reliable

pick two.

you will find that engine management will be the hardest and most expensive part of the whole thing.. I'm not a believer of keeping n/a engine management of a turbo car, it can be done but for reliability and drivability theres more merit in using microtech/link blahblahblah...

when i was preparing to turbs out my ae86, pre flood, i had turbo manifold sorted for $600new with downpipe, $400 for a mint ballbearing t28, mods to inlet manifold $60 blahblahblah... most expensive part was going to be the ecu, which doesn't end at the purchase price, I was going to install everything myself, along with a GENIII 4AGZE engine (steel crank, forged pistons, low comp, 7rib block etc), but the ecu would still need tuning to do what i wanted it to do, wich can be costly...

woulda ended up costing me $4-5k i reckon, before i even had it in a drivable state, you can guarantee that your trans would sh*t out with any decent power increase, you'll have to strengthen your engine considerably for boost (hell, you can run it at low boost but you'll yearn for more power fairly quickly, which means winding the boost up, so easy to do) and then you have to f**k round with extra cooling and intrercoolers and all that sorta crap..

IMO don't bother unless you're gonna do the whole thing at once, and have some mean numbers to make it worthwhile, you'd be better doing a manual convert etc,

worked N/A engines rule, nothing like a lumpy idle :bowdown:

Guest Andrew

also bear in mind german kits may be for RHD cars - so may have big whacky manifold designs.

Most turbo kits you see overseas don't fit right hand drive cars due to turbo/steering shaft clearance problems.

Why don't you just enjoy your car the way it is??

Instead of turboing it and sh*t like that, it sounds ok to me and looks even better.

E30 Would be much easier to turbo, like a few have done on here. (I think by the sounds of it) they ended up pretty good. E36 Would probably be harder to turbo, because of advanced engine systems, elecs, sensors etc.

I think you would be ruining a perfectly good car.

My 2c,

And don't tell me off anyone cos i won't accept it

Edit: Elecs was spelt wrong

Edited by BMW POWER

A wise man once said,

"Buy a honda"

Edited by E30stz

E30 Would be much easier to turbo, like a few have done on here. (I think by the sounds of it) they ended up pretty good. E36 Would probably be harder to turbo, because of advanced engine systems, eleces, sensors etc.

i think others here have done e30s because of the cost factor, and preferance over specific models..... glenn's owes him less than a e36 328, and has a smidgen more power B) I'd put money on it being as reliable too, they're strong engines, even in modified trim :D

A wise man once said,

"Buy a honda"

honda city turboII with the rag top to give it that BMW baur coupe feel

E30 Would be much easier to turbo, like a few have done on here. (I think by the sounds of it) they ended up pretty good. E36 Would probably be harder to turbo, because of advanced engine systems, eleces, sensors etc.

i think others here have done e30s because of the cost factor, and preferance over specific models..... glenn's owes him less than a e36 328, and has a smidgen more power B) I'd put money on it being as reliable too, they're strong engines, even in modified trim :D
And price, forgot to mention, because a lot of E36's cost double of a E30 325i (for example) and then turboing etc. Mounts up after a while..

Any performance modifications cost a lot and in almost all cases you won't get money back when you go to sell.

Turbo kits (namely US ones) I despise - well all that are "stock internal friendly." To me if you're going to Turbocharge an engine do it proper and go all out with things, it just seems so half assed to bolt up a turbo to a stock engine and get 1/5th of the power that can be assatained out of it by running low boost.

328's aren't slow cars to begin with, hence why I'd love to see one turbo'ed that isn't from a bolt up kit :P I can imagine you'd be pulling some crazy figures with a well tuned turbo version.

I do like the power of Turbos, but at the same time it feels like you're resorting to what the Japanese performance cars do.. Hence why I'd love a nicely tuned N/A engine :wub:

Guest Andrew

E30 Would be much easier to turbo, like a few have done on here. (I think by the sounds of it) they ended up pretty good. E36 Would probably be harder to turbo, because of advanced engine systems, elecs, sensors etc.

In regard to engine management - e36 wouldn't be any harder. The factory system would get ditched anyway.

I'd rather have a turbo e36 m3 .. that would be badass fun.

I also think you see a lot more turbo e30s due to the fact people don't care about ripping into them where in NZ e36 still are nice "BMWs" when in reality they are all (non-m) sub 20k cars which are pretty cheap. Common people - rip into them!

328's aren't slow cars to begin with, hence why I'd love to see one turbo'ed that isn't from a bolt up kit :P I can imagine you'd be pulling some crazy figures with a well tuned turbo version.

How about a 330Ci supercharged ? heh .. go to aussie with me and you'd be able to see one ...

How about a 330Ci supercharged ? heh .. go to aussie with me and you'd be able to see one ...

i'm in aussie now, hense why my pc logged me in as a dif user :unsure: lol oh well

where abouts is this 330?

Check these guys out, ive got a few e46 mates that have these in there rides, cant comment on the e36's though sorry but have a read.

http://www.infinitas-gmbh.de/data/index.ph...ntpage&Itemid=1

they have E36 2.8L SC kits:

213 kW/ 290 PS

340 Nm

The SK I kit contains:

ASA compressor TM I-12 incl.

centrifugal clutch

bracket system

belt drive

oil supply for supercharger

ASAtronic

individually numbered serial plaque

sport air filter

intercooler

polished intake plumbing

bypass system

boost pressure of 0,4 bar

TÜV certification

Export price: 6.380,00 €

excl. VAT

comes to like

9,871.05 NZD OUCH

and the blah blah blah bit that some1 might want to read:

If it is power that matters to you, there is no alternative to the SK I kit!

Based on the ASA TM I-12 supercharger and supported by a big 12-row intercooler this kit provides a dramatic power increase! We at infinitas decided to use ASA superchargers, as they manufacture the most innovative superchargers on the market! They are well-known because of their small size, the ability to reach rpms from over 100,000 and last but not least of their high reliability.

But the ASA supercharegr is just one part of the story, the other one is the 12-row air to air intercooler. It cools off the intaken air and therefore pushes the engine output by another 30%.

The SK I kit combines the advantages of a supercharger and a turbo. Direct throttel response and the ability to reach high revs without any efforts determine the characteristic of a SK I tuned BMW engine. When you accelerate at full throttle and a big smile appears on your face you know that we from infinitas didn´t promise you too much power.

But power is nothing when it is provided in a rough way. So we equipped the SK I with our new centrifugal clutch. This is the reason why the SK I supercharger works allmost soundless in the whole rpm range because it disconnects the supercharger from the belt drive below 1000 rpm. Who ever experienced a supercharged car before, will appreciate this in particular. At the same time it elevates the preservability and reduces the fuel consumption.

The installation is pretty easy especially for the reason that the engine dosn´t have to be opend. Two or three days at infintas (or one of our trained partners) are enough to give your BMW the power that it deserves!

The facts:

- the ASA supercharger is assembled at the engine's periphery

- innovative supercharger technology provides unique power unfolding

- silent operation because of centrifugal clutch and transversal toothed

supercharger transmission

- the SK Plus charged motor runs just as smooth as a stock

BMW 6-cylinder engine

- no need to open the engine itself

- complete diagnose-able

- 2 years of warranty without km limit

- more than 1000 satisfied customers run a BMW with our supercharger-

systems

Mmmmm i'd love to come see your brothers car. :D