Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

Revsering Camera for E38, E39

I should be getting this...

Definitely a pretty simple mod that everyone with an E39 + TV Tuner should do! Especially given that the OEM Camera is, and I quote an email direct from the BMW Parts Department exactly here; "between $1000/$2500 (if the car is spec'd with the correct options to allow you to do this)". I mean WTF? It cost me $318 including the Auto Sparky wiring it in to the loom. You can't beat that. That's cheaper than even after-market reversing sensors! And this is way better.

Talk to Grant (Hotwire), he'll sort you out :)

Is there an alternative to placing the camera in the number plate lamp?

Is there an option to mount the camera off the number plate and / or it's frame? I think Bimmernav do one for US sized plates, anyone seen an option for euro sized plates?

Is there an alternative to placing the camera in the number plate lamp?

Is there an option to mount the camera off the number plate and / or it's frame? I think Bimmernav do one for US sized plates, anyone seen an option for euro sized plates?

Yes but it is tacky in comparison to this version. I have fitted one of those to a Range Rover - this one is so much more discrete - & half the price.

Also with what you have already done to your car - fitting this is a walk in the park to you.

Also looks more discrete than the OEM E39 version camera system