Sign in to follow this  
topcat

advanced driver training

I'm looking to sponser my sister to 'up' her driving skills,as i fear for most folks on the road.(and nephews)

not being a stink older brother,but after 6 right-offs and afew near majors,its time for an intervention.

is there any place worth recommending?

the 'new' family wagon is a toyota emina,which i find,the most unsafe vehicle anyway.

it seems that when ever i bring up the idea, i'm the bad one for pointing out stuff that kill every day.

would like to send her to a place that teaches the pupils with the vehicle they have/drive everyday,

rather then some swanky/late model mazda/ford/honda.

any input please,feel free

m

Edited by BM Weapon

Check out the AA - they were looking at an "advanced" driving skills training programme

Edited by Brett A

Take her through that rally training course they have at the NZ WRC event...thats pretty advanced! B)

SIX WRITE OFFS?!

yeah, get her to some training quickfast.

The free highschool driver skills course use to put you in Toyota Echo's with the ABS disabled.

Holden runs a advanced driver training course that they teach you using your own car. Full day course at a track around $400.

the 'new' family wagon is a toyota emina,which i find,the most unsafe vehicle anyway.

You are a good brother but you spelt the car name wrong. Shouldn't it be Enima. :lol:

this: http://www.rallydrivenz.co.nz/rallyschool.html

Rally Drive NZ Price List:

Rally School: $1125 two days)

The rally school is a two day weekend course. Saturday is based in Hamilton, commencing at 10.00am with a morning classroom session. Theory on safety, navigation skills, preparation and driving techniques are covered. An afternoon practical session of grass motorkhana events and a touring stage follow with the day concluding at 4.00pm.

On Sunday students depart for Maramarua forest at 7.30am. Students drive the rally cars on a real forest gravel road with an experienced tutor alongside providing expert tuition. The road used provides students with a mixture of smooth and twisty surfaces in a real rallying environment. A range of 2WD and 4WD Mitsubishi rally cars are used to test skills and abilities.

To round out the day students receive a ride in the rally car at rally pace with a champion rally driver. A full day is spent in the forest concluding around 3pm.