Sign in to follow this  
sp8s

Serviced the compact today

After a couple of weeks of collecting parts i finally had a nice day to do the service on my lil bma

I did all the filters including those pesky little cabin/pollen filters.

Sort of explains why no air was flowing into the cabin

post-2893-1281156152.jpg

Air filter not much better

post-2893-1281156238.jpg

Changed the oil and filter using Valvoline semi synthetic and a Topran filter (German brand) The filter came with all the O rings and even had a crush washer for the drain plug. Got from Trademe.

Purchased a filter removal tool from ebay.

post-2893-1281156596.jpg

Cost $28 delivered. Took 4 days to get here. Great service I reckon and it works.

What a shite of a job to remove the cabin filters. Had to pull all those panels by the wipers to get at them. Just as well I had to remove to do the cam cover gasket as well. Replaced all the bolt seals as well as the spark plug seals. Got them from Gavin.

Fitted new plugs while I was there (NGK's) Just as well I was replacing the spark plugs as number 1 and 2 plug holes were half full of oil. No wonder the car was hard to start and had a little misfire.

Oh and I had a couple of each of these just to pass the time.

post-2893-1281157084.jpg

Was a good 4 hours of work, well a couple of hours actually doing stuff and the rest of the time standing looking, drinking and smoking. Just finished before the clouds come over and made it too cold and dark.

Was going to take for the obligratory (sp) test drive but wont drive even after one drink so tomorrow I will go for a drive and see if everything I did smoothened out the missfire and rattle in the engine.

I now remember why I dont do mechanicing stuff any more. I hate getting dirty and oily.

All in all a good day bonding with my favourite toy.

Compact drivers drink Bourbon... thats amazing!

Doesn't make up for this though:

I now remember why I dont do mechanicing stuff any more. I hate getting dirty and oily.

hah.