Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

SEM Colour Coat MZ Supplier

The NZ distributor for SEM Colour Coat products is steve@pbsupplies.co.nz

SEM Colour Coat Aerosols Landau Black can be used to restore the faded purplish looking formerly black trim in the rear of your BMW. I'm getting a can to restore the black trim coming with my rear blind, and the trim cover for the subwoofer speaker enclosure. About $40 delivered which is pretty good.

see this link if you want an example: http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/cyclops...20Procedure.pdf

I'm replacing the beige rear trim with black as I think this better matches the car interior, i.e. black on the top of the doors, black dash etc.

Ordered and paid for the SEM Monday the 23rd of August. Weather permitting I'll be able to report on how well this product works this Sunday.

Edited by jimbo

Looks worth while but how long will it stay looking nice and black?

Im going to be taking my parcel shelf out too on Wednesday to get it trimmed in black suede insted..

You dont happen to know a link where it explains how to take the rear deck out, one which has a electric roller blind inside it...

Looks worth while but how long will it stay looking nice and black?

Im going to be taking my parcel shelf out too on Wednesday to get it trimmed in black suede insted..

You dont happen to know a link where it explains how to take the rear deck out, one which has a electric roller blind inside it...

here the link you want - step by step dis-assembly instructions. http://www.csparks.com/bmw/SunScreen/index.xml

I used the SEM today to restore the black on my rear blind trim and basically looks 200% better than before.

Before and after shots posted, and 3rd shot of it in the car.

I think the black trim with the tan leather is better than the matched trim. This look matchs the front dash, and the doors which all are black on top.

I'll post a photo on what the completed back parcel tray looks like on my sub woofer post. I am aiming for a stealth installation using the OEMN sub enclosure, and hopefully using the OEM grills. I figure it's going to be easier to match any customisation using black than tan on the shelf.

post-1569-1283576691.jpg

post-1569-1283576701.jpg

post-1569-1283664780.jpg

Edited by jimbo