Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

E30 trailing arm bush replacement

hey fellas!

I am replacing the trailing arm bushes today, read afew DIY's and used a threaded rod with washers etc...that pressed the old bush out fine... awesome!

Now ive greased up the new bush and it wont go in right, like its pushing one half in more than the other due to the rod being off centre, so i cut the old bush in half and used it to "centre" the rod..this didnt seem to help much,

Im still getting half the bush started and the other half wont push thru, like it catching, so i cant get the bush started into the arm so I cant press the whole bush thru, I dont wanna have it catching and flexing/bending heaps and keep trying to crank the bush thru since it obviously doesnt wanna go thru.

Advice/what youve done/help

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Tried this? :

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....st&p=248683

Also, I just cleaned out the trailing arm with a round file and that seemed to help, also a BFH and plenty of lube always works ;) good luck I am glad I never have to do all these sh*t jobs on a E30 for a long long time :P

haha ehhh solved, had a bit of a moment..had the metal sleeve inside the bush from when i was inspecting/mucking around haha took it out, started the bush in then put sleeve back in away I went with my super awesome E30/mazda rx7 s4/s5 trailing arm bushes

Also glad I wont have to do this again in quite some time!