Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

spending spree...

hi y 'all.

Looking at a set of alpine speakers on ebay, told him the model of car, still wants sizes????

Sorry, but what are they? Reccomendations anyone?

Need a new rear muffler, seen some on turners motorsport, about $700, any improvement upon that?

I'm buying a radar detector with front parking sensor laser blocker, got caught at 162km/h on Australias outback roads, apparently I'm a hoon..

so thought i'd spend some money on my car whilst its feeling neglected...

But my battery has completely died & I think the LHS door key hole is a wreck?? How am I gunner open the bonnet??

Cheers guys from Onslow 6710 Pilbara WA currently 27 deg...!

Which radar detector?

Um I think it was the valentine 2, picks up the new bands the cops are using in WA, about $800.

still not convinced of the need for the laser blocker, reckon it'll look like arse under the number plate ann there's no real need for it, I drive fast up here like 200+, but stick to the limit around town ann mostly on the freeway...

Still looking for speaker sizes x6 looked up oem but they dont give measurements.

Ann how do I pop the bonnet if my key wont work on the LHS?!

I assume a US tailpipe ann muffler wood be no different to a european (aus) model? Guess I'll just ask them

at 200+ a laser blocker would be helpfull as you will probs find it hard to get back under the speed limit before the cop guns you. as for your bonnet charge the battery and use the central locking?

cant help with the exhausts,

and your speakers are probably 5" or 6" just take them out and mesure

at 200+ a laser blocker would be helpfull as you will probs find it hard to get back under the speed limit before the cop guns you. as for your bonnet charge the battery and use the central locking?

cant help with the exhausts,

and your speakers are probably 5" or 6" just take them out and mesure

Um thanks, how do I charge the battery if I cant get into the car?

Dont plan on going anywhere until december so radar can wait.

Good brand for exhaust? supersprint is $727 US on pelican, looking for comparisons.

Was trying to find the speaker sizes WITHOUT taking them out!

But thanks!

um battery is in boot is it not? does the key not work at all in the door? if thats the case then have fun with that.

you could always jump underneath and hook up a spare battery to the starter motor +terminal and the body, that should work.

I don't think cop cars use laser anyway, that's more a stationary handheld thing.

Um, duh. the drivers door opens!

Duh, cos my last e34, ann my e23, once the batteries dead you can only open from LHS!

Anyone know what size the speakers are?

My daughter works at supercheap I usually get her to look up parts for me, then gobi it sumwear else.

Also enquiring all over for a rear muffler TMS, pelican have supersprints at $727 $US

Asking about remus too, but cant find anything older than e39...

Speakers, exhaust.. could go a new set of tyres too!

All work ann no play!

Yeah I tghought the same thingabout lasers, they handheld, not many of them about in rural Pilbara.

They had to let me drive the car back to Onslow ann hand it over to the local cops within 7 days, cos they couldn't leave us stranded in the desert! No storage no impound no towing.. and I got caught on the way home at 128. At least I learned my lesson ( DON'T GET CAUGHT AGAIN)

ok

battery is located under the back seat on the drivers side in the 530i 1994 v8

if the lock is damaged on the passenger side, Suggest you get in touch with your local tow driver to unlock a door and go from there

ok

battery is located under the back seat on the drivers side in the 530i 1994 v8

if the lock is damaged on the passenger side, Suggest you get in touch with your local tow driver to unlock a door and go from there

Yeah thanks, I've had the car 3 years and never bothered to fix the passenger door lock!

Can open the drivers door with a dead battery. Didn't think you could, consequently never tried it...

I know where the battery is too, thanks.

Thanks y'all anyway!

um battery is in boot is it not? does the key not work at all in the door? if thats the case then have fun with that.

you could always jump underneath and hook up a spare battery to the starter motor +terminal and the body, that should work.

I've had this fun before,

Open boot,

Connect 12v to boot light in correct polarity,

open drivers door.

Bingo!