Sign in to follow this  
kiwi328i

E36 gauge overlays

Hi guys,

I am thinking about having a play around with the gauge cluster and seeing if I can spruce it up a bit. These are the two off trademe.

Has anyone had any experience with these things? From what I can tell, there are two types, one is just an overlay and there is no additional wiring or anything, its std, so it just lights up differently, want a different glow, you have to change the bulbs themselves.

Then there are these ones, they are overlays that come with additional 'stuff'.

I dont know if the first type is available, but in any case, what would you guys suggest? Any opinions? Are they are hassle? not worth it?

Cheers.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=310364314

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=310151973

^^ +1 , i think they would look pretty tacky as well but each to their own.

Um tacky much?

Just get Euro M3 ones, swap them over if they are the in same range.

At least then your putting German quality parts into the car.

Where would I get those from? The net is not happenin when I try to search for them!

Cheers

I got a set of reverse overlays a while ago unfortunantly they were 260km and my speedo is only 240km

By reverse I mean what is black now is changed to white and what is white is changed to black. Comes with all the coloured bits for indicators etc and new bulbs as the standard ones are red I think.

Keeping till I have to change my cluster when I do the conversion as the 6 cylinder is 260Km speedo 4 cylinder is 240Km.

edit link added

ebay link

Edited by sp8s

I got a set of reverse overlays a while ago unfortunantly they were 260km and my speedo is only 240km

By reverse I mean what is black now is changed to white and what is white is changed to black. Comes with all the coloured bits for indicators etc and new bulbs as the standard ones are red I think.

Keeping till I have to change my cluster when I do the conversion as the 6 cylinder is 260Km speedo 4 cylinder is 240Km.

edit link added

ebay link

Right, this looks a lot easier than the trademe ones which need extra wiring etc. A slight improvement for not that much outlay. Maybe with some gauge rings it might look a bit more something something.

Right, this looks a lot easier than the trademe ones which need extra wiring etc. A slight improvement for not that much outlay. Maybe with some gauge rings it might look a bit more something something.

My thoughts exactly.

rings are on my list. The brushed ones not the shiney ones :D