Sign in to follow this  
bmpower

Stock Sway Bar Size

I have an NZ New 1986 E30 325i Manual 4DR. What would the standard size be of the rear sway bar?

Thanks.

Should be 14.5mm after March 85.

Built 07/86 - awesome thanks Dave. And also thanks for the LSD unit, took it down to be put in and rebuilt today!!

Sweet, hope it goes well for you, they are a whole lot of fun, 2 black lines. :D

Haha yea i can't wait - first track test will be the Taupo day, then the next Intermarque round at Manfield. And yes there will be a celebratory skid done once in this week - on private property of course...!

Yep deffo 14.5, measured mine in the weekend. Don't forget the botany motor worx mod to stop it popping out!

Please elaborate.... Whats the mod?? I'm just going to change the D bushes for now.

Ahh i see! Good idea - will prob do that!

I've put that stock sway bar through hell and back and never had it pop off. ?.

* And actually have never heard of this happening on all the forumzzz. Have read Glenns thread covering the mod. Oh my god it's Full On! What does it mean!?

Edited by Incary

^^ This is true - my car gets a very hard time on the track and i've never had any issues. Is it common? I may just do it anyway for the just in case factor...

I've put that stock sway bar through hell and back and never had it pop off. ?.

* And actually have never heard of this happening on all the forumzzz. Have read Glenns thread covering the mod. Oh my god it's Full On! What does it mean!?

I noticed mine was popped off about a month ago. I put it back on, and on sat I noticed it had just about fallen off again. Maybe its a touring thing? Anyway, it was really easy. Just need to find a washer that fits over the bar and is bigger than the bush, put it on, drill a hole through the end of the sway bar in front of the washer and put a collet pin through the hole.

the ones on my r.c pop off on the 1st corner so i dont even bother running with it attached anymore. much better me thinks