Sign in to follow this  
Theo54

convert US to EU frequency

When you change the Japanese tuner to an NZ New type, does the display show the correct KHz? or is still the same as if you had a band expander on the old Japanese one?

'97 E39 540i

Cheers.

I own a 2005 BMW 645Ci The car came from Florida and was imported into the Netherlands. I want to change the US freqeuncy 200kc to 100 kc. I have read a lot about this on all forums but got a little confused. How to do this, who can help a desperate Dutch guy?

kind regards

Theo

Edited by Theo54

I own a 2005 BMW 645Ci The car came from Florida and was imported into the Netherlands. I want to change the US freqeuncy 200kc to 100 kc. I have read a lot about this on all forums but got a little confused. How to do this, who can help a desperate Dutch guy?

kind regards

Theo

That car can only be changed through two methods:

1. Quick and dirty: Remove the radio tuner module (in the left-hand C-pillar), fit it to a Euro 645Ci, and program the Euro 645Ci using the BMW diagnostic computer. The tuner will be set to Euro mode. Refit to the USA car. NOTE: tuner will revert back to USA mode if you ever have your car reprogrammed (service, repair etc)

2. Permanent: change the Vehicle Order from USA to Euro, and reprogram the vehicle.

Much harder, not officially supported by BMW.

You MUST have access to the BMW diagnostic computer to do either of these...

That car can only be changed through two methods:

1. Quick and dirty: Remove the radio tuner module (in the left-hand C-pillar), fit it to a Euro 645Ci, and program the Euro 645Ci using the BMW diagnostic computer. The tuner will be set to Euro mode. Refit to the USA car. NOTE: tuner will revert back to USA mode if you ever have your car reprogrammed (service, repair etc)

2. Permanent: change the Vehicle Order from USA to Euro, and reprogram the vehicle.

Much harder, not officially supported by BMW.

You MUST have access to the BMW diagnostic computer to do either of these...

Yhanks very much for your great help, due to time differences I could not reply earlier, sorry fot that. I will try your suggestions and let you know

thanks again

Yhanks very much for your great help, due to time differences I could not reply earlier, sorry fot that. I will try your suggestions and let you know

thanks again

Hello Again

Forgot to tell you that the BMW 645Ci is a cabrio, so no C pillar available

Hello Again

Forgot to tell you that the BMW 645Ci is a cabrio, so no C pillar available

So the physical location of the tuner module is different.

But everything else is the same.

Look up www.RealOEM.com and locate the tuner on your car.