Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

Bought a Pioneer Amp on Trademe

So my final comment on this setup is that the sound of the Pioneer LX60 combined with the POLK RT2000i gives a clean almost clinical sound. There is less volume in the mids with more emphasis on the highs, and overall less power in the base. I would describe the sound with the Yamaha DSPA1 as more relaxed and more warm, and for me a more enjoyable experience. What I didn't expect was signifincatly lower volume. I can listen to the LX60 at plus 12db, the loudest it will go. It however has issues and shuts down for about 10 seconds after a minute of two at full blast. I guess those extra 5kg in the Yamaha were in the power supply and massive passive heatsinks. I guess I've gone from what was a Yamaha flagship model to more of a bottom of the top end in Pioneers range so my comparison isn't probably that fair.

Pioneer can put on all the fancy letters they want but it's never going to compete with a yamaha sound wise ,seriously why do yamaha win so many awards and not on the mags that are sponsored and therefore have biased reviews

Sad but true - oh well my Son still has my older Yamaha receiver LOL. When the current range of hi-end yamahas like the RVX3900 drop in price I'll be able to genuinely upgrade.