Sign in to follow this  
misgvous_1

Pirate angel eyes!

Hi Guys

not sure if anyone can help.

Both my passenger side angel eye lights have stopped working. Unsure of the brand as bought them already installed in the headlights. I was told they are wired into the park lights.

When an angel light blows do both in the headlight go or one just one?

I have done a bit of a search but can't seem to find any common issues?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Jamie

It sounds like the ballast/inverter on that side as blown. The two rings should be powered by the same inverter and it's common for the inverters to go bad. You'll need to get a new one - it's possible that any 12v inverter (such as the ones used for the CCFLs in computer cases) would work.

sounds like the inverter ok. if they were bought angle eyes thy might not be ccfl rings so could also be just a case of a bad plug. my own went bad on one side but the angle eyes in the lamps were not ccfl so i checked the blubs and all were ok but inside the lamp was a converter plug so that the genuine bmw side light plug would fit the lamp,anyway the plug inside the lamp had a loose wire and that was it.. if your rings are the bright white ones or the blue'y tinted ones then its an inverter problem either located on the outside or possibly inside the light housing,both rings connect to one inverter,if they are standered rings then it could be a bad connection.