Sign in to follow this  
Sick Puppy

NZ Woodworking forums - any one work with table saws?

Hi ya everyone, yes it is an utterly random and non-BMW related question (or even car related for that matter), but does anyone here know of any NZ based forums about woodwork and cabinet making? I had a quick look today and couldn't find anything...

The reason I ask is that a workmate is looking to buy a table saw to make cabinets etc, and wasn't able to either find the model he wanted (it's coming here in 2011... at twice the price :o ) or much in the way of information in general. I thought I'd have a look around as I like researching this kind of stuff, and was pretty surprised that there isn't anything NZ-based.

SO, does anyone here know of any sites etc?

edit: changed thread title to concentrate on Table saws

Edited by Sick Puppy

Yeah- I realised that I was as obsessed with tools as I am with Beemers! My searches kept on ending up there, figured it was time to join... not many kiwis on there though :(

My old man use to build these

That looks nice! I'd like to have a crack at making something like that... one day.

In the meantime, I've amended the thread title- anyone here know anything about table saws? That's pretty much the information I need, and since I know nothing about them, any information I can get about them would be appreciated- cheers!