Sign in to follow this  
Gus

im such a jordan

LOL

I used a press to get my E30 ones out.

But got the E28 ones burnt out GUS stylz!!!

FARK You never said anything about having a blow torch like that - imagine how quickly that would heat the knives up!!!

Can I have it? :mosh:

hah i need it for future endevours ....i just found it again after ages....still going strong despite much abuse.....really dont see the need for a press to get bushes out....was pretty easy....and fun...hmmm burnt rubber

So burning is the easiest way to get them out then? I got IE ones sitting in my room along with trailing arm ones waiting to be put in. Tis my project for the break along with replacing my bent subframe.

how did you get IE ones? they shipped em over? how much were they?

just curious

yeah its easy as....just heat the sh*t out of em, then lever the tabs at the bottom of the subframe with a screwdriver/chisel and then use a claw hammer.....then it becomes easy!

I think it was $220 for incl shipping for the 2 subframe ones and 4 trailing arm ones. I was going to get the adjustable trailing arm ones but people said they lost adjustment so I've got to get the new subframe modified like in that link glenn posted a while ago. I'll let ya know how it all goes.

hah i need it for future endevours ....i just found it again after ages....still going strong despite much abuse.....really dont see the need for a press to get bushes out....was pretty easy....and fun...hmmm burnt rubber

'cause with a press you stick the subframe into it, load it up and it's done!!

It was maybe 1min each side!!

But if you don't have access to a press then you don't have much choice!!

CaM: you only burn the rubber out, not heat the subframe up to hundreds of degree's C and wait for them to melt out!!

cam your such a pussy

heating up suspension components is cool

mine took c.10min for one side and about 3 for the other once i figured out what to do......

whats a press cost? ;)

220 for subframe and trailing arm ones is good......however i in no rush AT ALL to go back in there and do trailing arm ones...so ill just live without em....hmmm fresh diff n g box oil