Sign in to follow this  
1N STYL

Afternarket head unit in E36

Has any1 mounted a new H/U where the orignal is?

what did u do in the bottom corners where the orignal has a radius? and could u post pics please.

also what size are the front and back speakers (for a coupe... if it matters)....and how many are there? (2 in the front 2 in the back?) sorry don't have my car so i can't check for my self

thanks

any headunit should mount in sweet, me and homy done his and it is mint.

he has 3 fronts each side tweet mid and bass and 2 rears (thinking they are combined mids and tweets in a nice little box)

read up on my posts in this forum. for a nice little set up

Works fine, the olds did a Pioneer h/u and its all fine. Good sound as well. Just got to get a plug thing for it and you'll be sweet.

There are 2 speakers in the parcel tray, 2 tweeters in the door panels and 2 spakers up by your feet.

What radius are you talking about ??

I have installed two sony headunits in the car and they both fits perfectly ... I'll try and hunt down some pics later ..

As for speakers .. if your car is optioned then you'll have 3 speakers on the front on each side other wise you'll just have two .. and i beleive there is just 2 speakers in the back ... i think back one is around 3-4inch ..

The front mid can fit a boston acustic 5.1/4'' perfectly with no work involved .. tweeters must be around 1 to 1.5 inch ..

well the bottom corners of my H/U has like a round corner, not square.

I have been told that with a desent H/U the sound from the standards speakers are pretty mint...is it still worth aftermarket ones?

Sorry to hijack your thread, but has anyone had overheating issues in their E36? My car seems to generate a lot of heat in that space (this was while I didn't have the head unit in there).

I've been looking at putting in an extractor fan...

Sorry to hijack your thread, but has anyone had overheating issues in their E36?  My car seems to generate a lot of heat in that space (this was while I didn't have the head unit in there).

I've been looking at putting in an extractor fan...

:lol: might aswell just save time and get sic* :puke: to close it now.

I think the area around my gear shift gets hot, after long hours driving.

Edited by 1N STYL

Yes with a decent headunit and factory speakers you will notice a major difference ... as the headunit was the first thing i changed and i noticed quite a big difference ...

As for heat go, yes there is a lot of heat produced in that area, but shouldn't be enought to overheat. When i had the TV where the top vent is it got even hotter in that area and neither the TV nor headunit overheated.

Orded my head unit today, i pick it up tomz *evil laugh* work a few more weeks and get the Amp and Sub, couldn't fit that in the budget this week :(

Whoops got my car back today, and i was thinking the Radio was where the A/C is, my bad, so forget about the radius thing. :banghead: