Sign in to follow this  
msport-wut

Haven't quite got there...

Hiya all,

Names Jono from Wellington, currently drive a rex but looking to chill it down a notch and purchase my first euro :).

Thought this would be a good place to get some info gathering for future modifications, etc.

Cheers! :D

Unfortunately... no, not really. Quite like the look of a 7 series but kind of undecided.

I guess it will all depend on whats around when I sell my current ride :). Always on the look out for good deals; may do a buy, tidy and flick before I settle for my first BMW to keep

A 7 would be nice man, Totally different kind of car to your current one! Not exactly put your foot down and fly type car haha. A do up and sell will prob buy you a bit more time till you have found something or a shape you like the most.

Make sure you do some reasearch etc and get something with lots of options etc becasue you will only want them later on down the track if you dont! :rolleyes:

A 7 would be nice man, Totally different kind of car to your current one! Not exactly put your foot down and fly type car haha. A do up and sell will prob buy you a bit more time till you have found something or a shape you like the most.

Make sure you do some reasearch etc and get something with lots of options etc becasue you will only want them later on down the track if you dont! :rolleyes:

Ha, thanks mate :)

Yes, totally different to what I have currently.. Lets hope I don't miss the turbo too much!

I definitely like the 7 series, any particular model I should be looking for or staying away from? I always go for limited type series or something quite rare just to be a little different.

If he wants manual hes stuck in the 3 series market/E34 5 series, everything else is auto/steptronic or really expenisve haha

5 series is a good platform... if I didnt have a 540i i'd be seriously looking at a E38 740IL V8 / 750IL V12 atm haha

If he wants manual hes stuck in the 3 series market/E34 5 series, everything else is auto/steptronic or really expenisve haha

5 series is a good platform... if I didnt have a 540i i'd be seriously looking at a E38 740IL V8 / 750IL V12 atm haha

Ah thanks for that.

I didn't know that was the only series that was Manual. Bummer. Well and the E34 5 Series like you have mentioned.

I'll keep shopping :D

hmmm thought - what about conversions? Way too expensive?

Conversions are possible but economical? Depends. I think it can be fairly priced if you do it yourself? A member here converted his 540 to 6 speed. Loads of other conversions too, you may be lucky enough to pick up an E46 3 series for manual.

I think it's like 1995/96 onwards on any BMW its expensive cause of DME, EWS or whatever all that jazz is, someone else more knowledgable will be able to chime in here...

Anyway I dont think its as easy as grounding the P or N wiring on the loom like older cars haha