Sign in to follow this  
jager

Over heated today

Hey guys,

Was driving around today, a little less cruisy then usual but not thrashing it by anymeans. (was just in a rush, no speeding) My ABS light came on as it sometimes does, Was told its a common problem with the gel pack? and my ODO disappeared, no kms or trip meter etc. I got to the engineer shop and was inside for about.. 5mins?

Came back outside and started my car and the ODO came back up and ABS light off but my temp gauge jumped to about 3/4 but was waving around a little, check and my radiator looked full, no leaks. Fan was on so turned my heater on full and went for drive to get some air through the radiator and it went back to normal. My heaters didn't even blow hot at all though.

I drove about 15mins home in medium traffic and didnt over heat again. so poll; did it actually over heat or was it the electrics just playing up? Little worried.

Hey guys,

Was driving around today, a little less cruisy then usual but not thrashing it by anymeans. (was just in a rush, no speeding) My ABS light came on as it sometimes does, Was told its a common problem with the gel pack? and my ODO disappeared, no kms or trip meter etc. I got to the engineer shop and was inside for about.. 5mins?

Came back outside and started my car and the ODO came back up and ABS light off but my temp gauge jumped to about 3/4 but was waving around a little, check and my radiator looked full, no leaks. Fan was on so turned my heater on full and went for drive to get some air through the radiator and it went back to normal. My heaters didn't even blow hot at all though.

I drove about 15mins home in medium traffic and didnt over heat again. so poll; did it actually over heat or was it the electrics just playing up? Little worried.

its normal if your car is hot and you stop.Without the cooloing effect of the radiator,airflow,waterpump etc the coolant actually gets hotter before it cools again

Yeah I had an after thought about heat soak last night. I really hope thats all it was!