Sign in to follow this  
_Matt_

Shifter problems now :)

Lucky I didn't spend $600 on those lowering springs because I think my shifter/trans needs an overhaul :P

So ever since I got it, it's been soft. In neutral it hangs to the left and if its in gear you can wave it around like your playing with yourself. Yesterday I noticed in doesn't 'click' into seconds and that's anoying because i don't know whether I have put it in gear or not and just tonight when coming back from a job when shifting and driving in 3rd/5th the makes an awful noise, and the shifter vibrates. It doesn't feel like the transmission and i'm not a mechanic. What does it sound like to you guys?

and what is DCH gonna say when i take it in (so I can be prepaired) haha.

Cheers.

Edited by _Matt_

Shifter bushings?

I'm hoping thats all it is :)

sometimes if they are worn enough the shifter will drop a little causing it to rub on the drive shaft around 3rd and that, does that sound like your noise?

sometimes if they are worn enough the shifter will drop a little causing it to rub on the drive shaft around 3rd and that, does that sound like your noise?

yip, pretty much, sounds like I'm very softly trying to push it into gear without using the clutch. dong dong dong dong dong....etc

Just did my shifter bushing in the E30, massive difference in regards to feeling the gears going into place, unfortunately didn't fix third gear issue which is internal due to almost no gearbox oil, I really should have checked that when I picked the car up a few months ago, drained out a few hundred mill, replaced with 1.25l

Its a lot smoother and a lot quieter, till you try to use third

Jeepers, I better pull a boy racer and drive everywhere in 2nd.