Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

Car Salemen

I brought my first beama (wooop) a few weeks back. And on agreement with the salesman the car was to have a few minor things fixed as well as new rego, wof and a tank of gas.

I pickup my car, all good.... realise when i got it .. the tank of gas was only 1/4 full so was just like pfft... gay. Anyways its been 4 weeks and sure enough I looked down to the see the dude hasnt done the rego.

As pissed as I was i I just wanted my rego, and soon enough just thought id front up with it as I need the car tomorrow to get to my afternoon lecture, anyway I turn up at the post office ready to get new rego and bang ... wtf the car is still registered not under the car dealers name but under the most previous owner. He'd had four weeks to change it and hadnt done it.

Really slacks me off.

Anyway, as lucky as it seems my granddad used to be chairman of the MVDA (sp.) so hopefully we can bring this to some sort of arrangement.

I was gonna ask that he does the transfer and pays for the new registration, reckon its worth taking it any further.

Test Edit

Edited by Grant

Guest Andrew

If he is MVD - he must sell it with a WOF of 28 days + do all the change of ownership sh*t.

It's up to the disposer of the car to make sure it has a current rego and wof. Period.

Have a look at your Sales Agreement. You did list what you wanted on the agreement...did you?

Anyway - a verbal promise should be good enough to hold him to it if you go through the right channels.

Good luck!

Guest Andrew

It's up to the disposer of the car to make sure it has a current rego and wof. Period.

Have a look at your Sales Agreement. You did list what you wanted on the agreement...did you?

Anyway - a verbal promise should be good enough to hold him to it if you go through the right channels.

Good luck!

Only if they are a car dealer and only if its not an auction.

It's up to the disposer of the car to make sure it has a current rego and wof.  Period.

Have a look at your Sales Agreement.  You did list what you wanted on the agreement...did you?

Good luck!

Only if they are a car dealer and only if its not an auction.
That's right. I assumed he was talking with regards to a car salesperson/car yard.