Sign in to follow this  
hazsbmr

No power to fuel pump!

ive have recentley purchased this car and then not long ago i had the car on then i turned it off and came back 5 minutes later and turned it on then it just sort of shuddered and turned off

now it wont turn on

i think it is something to do with the fuel pump relay because i can no longer hear that humming sound when i turn the ignition on. the only problem is i can not figure out with one is the fuel pump relay? ive looked on internet but cant find anything that will tell me?

could some one please identify it for me? ive added pictures

i have a bmw 316i 1989 by the way.

post-6498-1289951224.jpg

post-6498-1289951499.jpg

Edited by Fahwhyg

ive have recentley purchased this car and then not long ago i had the car on then i turned it off and came back 5 minutes later and turned it on then it just sort of shuddered and turned off

now it wont turn on

i think it is something to do with the fuel pump relay because i can no longer hear that humming sound when i turn the ignition on. the only problem is i can not figure out with one is the fuel pump relay? ive looked on internet but cant find anything that will tell me?

could some one please identify it for me? ive added pictures

i have a bmw 316i 1989 by the way.

Hey man, in my 320i the fuel pump relay sits in its own separate housing, along with another couple of relays. Look for another covered box (usually black) between the fuse box and the front?