Sign in to follow this  
Filter_nz

Who sells Falken Tyres?

Need a new set of rubber for the e46 shortly.

I've been reading peoples opinions and basically I've decided I want

Option A. FALKEN ZIEX ZE-912 <-- who stocks those?? (and is cheap:) )

Option B. Bridgestone RE001

On a tighter budget good options seem to be

Option C. Dunlop Sport SP FASTRESPONCE

Option D. Bridgestone MY-01

In Welly

In Welly

what size tyre are you looking for?

what size tyre are you looking for?

Good point. 225 45 17

I think you sold a set of BMW 44's wrapped in Falken's on TradeMe recently? I gave up at $800

In Welly

for falkens tyre clinic fifeshire ave 3850449 i run them on the 535 in 235/45/17

Edited by kiwi535

Good point. 225 45 17

I think you sold a set of BMW 44's wrapped in Falken's on TradeMe recently? I gave up at $800

yep that was us.

Take a serious look at the new Toyo C1S, they are an excellent tyre and very well priced.

yep that was us.

Take a serious look at the new Toyo C1S, they are an excellent tyre and very well priced.

agreed have a look at the toyo if in that pattern if asymetric is your current choice. even look at toyos if ya want non directional or directional the proxes 4(directional) and proxes ct01(non directional) are good options.

My bro's Merc runs on C1S as recommended by Zenetti aka Jono...really good tires, even in the wet on mountain twisted roads on the way to Turoa, C1S gripped tight, slightly harder tire wall than the T1Rs I believe...(but dependent on what PSI you run them) good tire all round...

agreed have a look at the toyo if in that pattern if asymetric is your current choice. even look at toyos if ya want non directional or directional the proxes 4(directional) and proxes ct01(non directional) are good options.

The C1S is gradually replacing the CT01 in most sizes and is a huge step forward from the CT01. If you are looking at going directional it is well worth spending the extra money to go to the T1R over the PX4.

The reason I initially recommended the C1S is because the Falken are also asymmetric. I am not sure whythe OP threw the MY01 into the mix as they really are a massive step down from the other tyres that he was looking at.

Edited by zenetti

Thanks Zenetti, and Kiwii535.

Checked with the Tyre Clinic, they've got the Ze912 at a great price! not much more than the RE001.

From what I understand the RE001 is a great tyre just not that quiet.

Because our bmw is the daily hack wife car we need a compromise btwn performance, noise and wear.

Still got a few thousand k's left of the Accelera Alpha which Mag and Turbo threw on. Not a bad tyre in the dry... it will kill you on a damp day.

Will check into the Toyo's shortly.

Edited by Bradley_nz

Thanks Zenetti, and Kiwii535.

Checked with the Tyre Clinic, they've got the Ze912 at a great price! not much more than the RE001.

From what I understand the RE001 is a great tyre just not that quiet.

Because our bmw is the daily hack wife car we need a compromise btwn performance, noise and wear.

Still got a few thousand k's left of the Accelera Alpha which Mag and Turbo threw on. Not a bad tyre in the dry... it will kill you on a damp day.

i ran bridgestones on the 535 they were nice but the falskens are better and at the same price.I am running two fifferent types on the 535 at the moment.I dont really drive that hard but i dont really slow down much in the wet and maintain good corner spped,and have never had a moment.i do credit the 535 for some of that tho.....

This is exactly why I recommend the Toyo's. They are very very quiet and wear very well. Although not as grippy as the T1R, every customer who has put them on has been very impressed. This ranges from a E55 AMG through to a Mitsi Galant. :)