Sign in to follow this  
sammcj2000

E34 washer fluid leaking near headlight.

Apparently this is a common problem?

Whats the easiest way to block + disable the headlight washing system to stop the leak?

Apparently this is a common problem?

Whats the easiest way to block + disable the headlight washing system to stop the leak?

is it the tank itself or is it just leaking from where the pump plugs into a grommet?I have had success with ksut pulling the pump out cleaning off accumalated washer fluid gunk and reinstall

is it the tank itself or is it just leaking from where the pump plugs into a grommet?I have had success with ksut pulling the pump out cleaning off accumalated washer fluid gunk and reinstall

Ah interesting, It's not from the filler tank thats for sure.

I'm not sure exactly where the water is coming from, it just ends up dripping from roughly where the front headlight squirters are.

Hopefully it's easy to find out? - Take it you have to get under the car to access them rather than through the bonnet?

Ah interesting, It's not from the filler tank thats for sure.

I'm not sure exactly where the water is coming from, it just ends up dripping from roughly where the front headlight squirters are.

Hopefully it's easy to find out? - Take it you have to get under the car to access them rather than through the bonnet?

it could be the lines for the headlight washers too,they are behind the front bumper trim.underneath is a good place to start though.