Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Replacing windscreen.

Couple of question's really, Had to do a trip this weekend up to Nelson and on the way windshield got clobbered by some a**hole speeding past in a roadworks. Its put a crack which is to long to fix on the top left hand corner of the screen.

My insurance company is State so gave them a ring and they said no problem's and referred me to smith and smith.

Got a call from them and they said yup they have a stock screen there they can put in but I said is it OEM and he said errrmmm don't know, I said I want an OEM screen with the green strip like mine. He said ok I will get hold of the branch and they will have to source one.

How can I tell its an OEM screen they replace it with apart from having bmw on it, The 3% tint ??. Anything else, Guess i could ask to see the shipping receipt.

The other question is just over 2 weeks ago I replaced my FSR for the climate control, This morning when I went out to the car up in Nelson I get no response from the fan and it looks like the part has already packed up. I have the receipt from the dealer for the new part, If I go in they should replace it at no charge correct ??

do u have a rain sensor for the wipers?

No not on mine. Otherwise I guess they could only replace with OEM. I just don't want to be shafted with some generic piece of sh*t.

You can ask for anywhere to fix your car, just say "i want xxx" place to replace it.

the Insurance company may ask for you to get a quote first. so like, ask the dealer for a quote on a Genuine windscreen fitted, and ring up your company and say.

But, I just asked for Novus, they got a good replacement windscreen in green tint same as m'windows.

I even had a nap whilst they installed it lol.

Edited by antil33t

Smith and Smith got me a genuine ford screen from the UK when I had my ST220, They had no choice as it was heated so had to be the real deal.8 weeks later however...One of the problem's with owning a car where theres less than 20 in the country and shares very few parts with the lesser models

Can't see it being a problem

Edited by braeden.

Got a call from them today, Screen has to come ex Germany, At least they are fronting up and getting what i asked for.

Got a call from them today, Screen has to come ex Germany, At least they are fronting up and getting what i asked for.

hopefully they don't try to charge you the price difference :S

They better not as nobody has mentioned anything to me about having to pay any difference.

Dropped car off this morning as windscreen has turned up from Germany, They just rang me though and said we have taken yours off but when we went to put your new windscreen on it was missing the moldings. They have had to order them and they will be in tomorrow.

I said thats fine but how the hell am I supposed to get to work so they have just dropped me around a couple of taxi chits. I would have thought they would have checked they had everything before they started though.

Edited by M-Spec

Dropped car off this morning as windscreen has turned up from Germany, They just rang me though and said we have taken yours off but when we went to put yours on the new windscreen was missing the moldings. They have had to order them and they will be in tomorrow.

I said thats fine but how the hell am I supposed to get to work so they have just dropped me around a couple of taxi chits. I would have thought they would have checked they had everything before they started though.

You could have taken the bus... on the positive it is only one more night before your car is fixed :D

You could have taken the bus... on the positive it is only one more night before your car is fixed :D

Not the hours I do and I was quite happy to take the taxi chits.

Not the hours I do and I was quite happy to take the taxi chits.

I understand, I had to bike because the buses didnt run when I needed to start work at 4am. Now I have better hours and a car.