Sign in to follow this  
$toffz

E39 M5 Crosses America in record time

Cool story. They're insane.

"The curve and acceleration is a physical sensation in the gut, and now the city is 10 miles out, now 8, and the turbos spool up and kick and Maher says,"

lolwut

hydro planing(sic) at 75 mph....and he still has the wipers on slow.....

Edited by kiwi535

loved the story.

I've done Upper Hutt to Auckland Sales Street on 5 hours 20 minutes back when I was in my 20's. I left my girlfriends place at 5am and got to work at 10.20am. It was 1998 and I was driving a 1987 2.0 litre Honda Accord - I think my average speed for the distance travelled was 145kph. I got lost near Hamilton and ended up heading to Morrinsville. The Honda was economical but not driven like this. I filled up at Bulls, then again at Waiouru, and still ran out of petrol on the the New market flyover. I coasted off the next exit and used the starter motor to get across an intersection and to a petrol station.

It was insane.

It was the best drive of my life.

No way I'd do anything remotely like it now, although i do like to let rip on a pair of skis LOL

Alex Roy is some kinda 20th century outlaw.

I love it. i know what i'm reading this summer break

Loved that read. Has the movie been finished yet? I went on their blog and the lsat update was in 2009.

We've all done our record speed runs, I just wonder when the lock hammer will come down ;) .

My personal record was low 40 minutes from barkes corner in TGA to Hillcrest roundabout in Hamilton in my Integras. Still averaged under 10L/100km somehow. NB: All done at 1am, so no one else was harmed. I don't think I'm dumb enough to do that these days. Time and a place

^ The reason i post this up the same day that i saw it on a Meguiars Car Crazy, they were at some show at the middle of this year promoting it.

My personal record was low 40 minutes from barkes corner in TGA to Hillcrest roundabout in Hamilton in my Integras. Still averaged under 10L/100km somehow. NB: All done at 1am, so no one else was harmed. I don't think I'm dumb enough to do that these days. Time and a place

sh*t, that's moving.

I value my licence too much to try break time records, but have made it from Tauranga to Whakapapa ski area in 2 hours whilst itching for a days skiing.

Time and a place indeed.

2hours 15 minutes Whakapapa (bottom of the bruce rd) to Wellington (Karori).

About 17 years ago in the we small hours. Hardly a car on the road.

Wouldn't dream of it these days.

didn't Kenny Smith run the "unoffical" wtgn > auck time in his 930 back in the early 90's? in some crazy time.

Edited by M5V8

2hours 15 minutes Whakapapa (bottom of the bruce rd) to Wellington (Karori).

About 17 years ago in the we small hours. Hardly a car on the road.

Wouldn't dream of it these days.

:o

I'd be happy to make it in double that time

edit-syntax error

Edited by kingkarl