Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

e39 boot locking/opening problem

A few months ago a mate wanted to grab something out of my boot so I gave her my keys, expecting her to use my remote to unlock the car and open the boot by grabbing the lever/sensor above the numberplate, but of course she used my key in the boot lock, couldn't get it open so opened it from the button in the drivers seat area.

Now, I can't open my boot by touching the lever/sensor above my numberplate, I have to open it with the button in the drivers seat area.

I remember someone mentioning a year or so ago about how turning the key in sequence deadlocks the boot?

Any knowledge or links would be greatly appreciated.

A few months ago a mate wanted to grab something out of my boot so I gave her my keys, expecting her to use my remote to unlock the car and open the boot by grabbing the lever/sensor above the numberplate, but of course she used my key in the boot lock, couldn't get it open so opened it from the button in the drivers seat area.

Now, I can't open my boot by touching the lever/sensor above my numberplate, I have to open it with the button in the drivers seat area.

I remember someone mentioning a year or so ago about how turning the key in sequence deadlocks the boot?

Any knowledge or links would be greatly appreciated.

check if the key lock in the horizontal position - Dead Locked!! - If it is try turning it back to vertical and see if makes a difference.