Sign in to follow this  
DunedinDan

Soon to be owner

Hi, name covers who I am and where I'm from.

Have not taken ownership of a BMW yet but am in the process of buying an 86 318i in very orginal condition , the paint is like new save for a few chips on the bonnet.

post-6791-1294382284.jpg

Sadly it's an auto so It won't be setting any land speed records, not really what im'm after anyway. Interior is in fine condition, no rips or tears.

Having a new small family going and a few other hobbies the upgrades to this toy will probably be few and far between, would like to get larger rims and lowering springs and then later on convert to manual.

Not particularly in that order but which ever funds allow.

Anywho, Hi and thanks for having me :D

Hey welcome to the fourms i like your soon to be car good ol classic bmw

Hey welcome to the fourms i like your soon to be car good ol classic bmw

I've had a soft spot for the e30's since forever ago. Ideally a 325 would have been nice but ... beggers can't be choosers

I love the shape, it is as you say, a classic. Maybe I just have a thing for boxy 80's cars previous car was a 87 super charged MR2, hell of a lot of fun and substantially quicker, was tempted to go that way again but thought it would be more fun to try something different.

Just as soon as I have the in my grubby little hands I'll get a few more pictures up.

Have you got the car yet ? When will you be modding it they look nice with the lowering and the mags. But still standard looks good to.

I've had a look at this one....

It's farking tidy.

Hurray, more Dunedin People!

Have you got the car yet ? When will you be modding it they look nice with the lowering and the mags. But still standard looks good to.

Verbal agreement so far, giving him down payment on Monday

Modding... hmmm I have a new born, a wife and an addiction to motorcycles I need to juggle so it will remain standard for the time being.

I've had a look at this one....

It's farking tidy.

Hurray, more Dunedin People!

Yes , yes it is.

Im quietly excited.

Are there a few Dunedin owners?

Edited by DunedinDan

Of E30's... not really. there's a few regulars from Dunedin, that have other cars though.

I'm in Pinehill too! Like me, you'll probably feel the effect of small engine in climbing our hills. I don't know how often you go down and come up Pinehill, but I do this at least 3 trips a day, and hence wish to have a bigger engine.

Anyway welcome. Probably will bump into each other (not literally though!).

Good score dude, like the way you can see good detail on the clouds and palm tree, paint looks sharp.

The reflection in the bumpers seems pretty straight, no nicks or cracks in the chrome?

Welcome, another Dunedin multiple E30 owner here, have a pre-facelift 318i auto as well, any questions just ask here, there is plenty of knowledge and willing to help people.