Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

front seat rail bolt?

Hey Guys.

A few days ago while jumping in the e36 i heard a small pop and the front seat went wonkey, i jumped out and had a look and thought i had broken a bolt.

Today i jumped in and a decent look and found that the bolt thing had come through the floor (no 2 on the diagram)

What i was wanting to know (plus legalities) was, should i pull out the welder and weld it in place or cut a small hole from underneath and weld a small plate then bolt it in.

Cheers

post-5369-1294540048.png

is it just the little spacer for the rails?

like, the bolt goes through that and into the floor?

is it just the little spacer for the rails?

like, the bolt goes through that and into the floor?

Yeah, the bolt thing that goes through the floor, it's kind of hard to explain but it seems like it was partly above and partly below...if that makes any sense lol

if it's anything like the E30 rail, they aren't welded on.. they're like... pressed in.. (if that makes sense)

on my sport seats, they aren't even attached to the rails.. I cut them off my old seats.

Yeah, i think they are the same!

One of those have pulled through the floor...poor design imo, as a lot of the weight transfers through that bolt!

I think the spacers are attached to the rails, rather than the floor. all mine seem to do is keep the rails off the carpet.