Sign in to follow this  
brad91

m20b23 with motronic

Hey guys.

Recently picked up a heap of spares for my old e30. Been a while since ive touched it as ive been trying to sort my car for the drift series this year but im about to get back into it.

Parts i picked up are:

-b23 block with perfect condition crank

-731 head in perfect condition

-apparently a mild cam

-2 x wiring looms with ecu's (l-jet unfortunatly)

-2 getrag 240 boxes

-individual throttle bodies that just need the manifold welded up and a few holes drilled

-tail shaft

-complete motor (unsure of what motor it is)

Now i got told the block was a 2.7 stroker however upon getting it home and measuring i realised its a standard b23 crank. It has no marks or anything on the bearing journals so im thinking about just putting this in place of my b20 crank and not changing a thing for the moment. Would this see any more than the normal 139hp the L-jet b23 makes?

I pulled the head off the other motor the other day and its seized big time. Bore is completely rusted however it is still full of oil so im hoping the crank is ok however i havnt had a chance to seperate the box off the back and pull the motor down completely.

The bore in the motor is the standard b20/23 bore however the stroke is measuring 81mm in its current seized position with 4 pistons at 81mm and 2 with 15mm before they get to the top of the block. Could this be a bigger crank than a 2.7L at all? Or is it likely just to have snapped rods and be rubbish? haha

Hey guys.

Recently picked up a heap of spares for my old e30. Been a while since ive touched it as ive been trying to sort my car for the drift series this year but im about to get back into it.

Parts i picked up are:

-b23 block with perfect condition crank

-731 head in perfect condition

-apparently a mild cam

-2 x wiring looms with ecu's (l-jet unfortunatly)

-2 getrag 240 boxes

-individual throttle bodies that just need the manifold welded up and a few holes drilled

-tail shaft

-complete motor (unsure of what motor it is)

Now i got told the block was a 2.7 stroker however upon getting it home and measuring i realised its a standard b23 crank. It has no marks or anything on the bearing journals so im thinking about just putting this in place of my b20 crank and not changing a thing for the moment. Would this see any more than the normal 139hp the L-jet b23 makes?

I pulled the head off the other motor the other day and its seized big time. Bore is completely rusted however it is still full of oil so im hoping the crank is ok however i havnt had a chance to seperate the box off the back and pull the motor down completely.

The bore in the motor is the standard b20/23 bore however the stroke is measuring 81mm in its current seized position with 4 pistons at 81mm and 2 with 15mm before they get to the top of the block. Could this be a bigger crank than a 2.7L at all? Or is it likely just to have snapped rods and be rubbish? haha

My advice is start with a good M20B25. Best bang for buck is 2.8L stroker. Its straight forward to build and its on wiki but more difficult to extract the maximum power without correct tuning. You can throw it all together with stock cam and ECU exhaust etc and you will have a very nice engine with good low power but kinda flat in the higher rpms but still faster than stock BUT THE TORQUE!

I can't sleep and we are having aftershocks :o