Sign in to follow this  
Heino

Number plate stickers.

Ive seen cars with those little vinyl number plates. Could anybody shre some light on weather it is legal or not to have then at the front and where abouts i could get one from?

As above they are completely illegal, they are offent over looked by the police but you should expect a $200 fine should you get pulled over.

I had Shelly from here make mine up as I didn't want my plate blocking air flow into the radiator. Mine is on a relflective vinyl and done in a scaled down euro style it's about 2/3's normal size.

Thats mean how much did shelly ask you for that? because i hate the look of my ugly as number plate at the front.

$200.00 fine - Also 25 demerits <_<

I have the paperwork to prove that 1 haha.

No demerit on my fines when I had my GermanPlates.com on. Is the demerit new or I just got lucky?

Posted Image

That's what i got for plates in NZ Euro style from germanplates

What a stupid fine to get really.

So many worse things that don't get penalized hard enough.

Like my idiot friend driving drunk, for the 2nd time on his learners... and he's still driving?

its abit of a gamble just depends who pulls you over, if its motorway/highway patrol you'r f**ked

so far i've been lucky running my d plate

Yea definitely depends who you get pulled by, this guy really didn't like me for some reason and i hadn't even had a chance to put my douche-bag hat on.

If they are to do people over rego plates, they can start by doing the truckers with dirty plates so dirty that won't reflect. People that has a bike carrier that doesn't has a bike on it (to partially obscure a plate), stickers as a "plate", etc....

I had my fine, paid it and gone back to the boring original plate. Now saving up for the real deal. $300 to upgrade apparently.

I use to get pulled over all the time for having the back of the car too dirty. They couldn't see the brake lights, or the indicators, or read the plate.

So they do pull people over for that.

I ran one on the front one of my old cars, my advice would be don't even bother. I got pinged twice for it in the space of a weekend. Diidnt find out about the ridiculous amount of demerits I'd racked up until I got a warning notice from ltsa saying I was about to lose my license if I didn't start to behave myself... That said I also argued my way out of the fine several times. Most cops have better things to do.

If you still want some email let's get graphic In chch, they're about 30 bucks a pair.

Edited by w_elliot