Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Mod for less than a dollar

The chrome trim around the windows in my e39 look dull, the shine is almost all gone and its heavily stained and just looks really ugly.

So today i took to it with a few household items and converted it to brushed aluminum! I would say this would look so much better if someone had aluminum trim instead of the wood trim which is what i have.

These are what i used, very little jif required

post-6674-1298163171.jpg

Before:

post-6674-1298163151.jpg

After:

post-6674-1298163158.jpg

post-6674-1298163177.jpg

post-6674-1298163195.jpg

I was just looking at mine yesterday..mine look awful and watermarked..I must do this, looks way better!

same on my one.. so basically its just jiff and a lot of elbow grease? medium pressure or light?

same on my one.. so basically its just jiff and a lot of elbow grease? medium pressure or light?

Remove the door cards, have the window fully in the down position. It takes a bit of force to remove the chrome trim. Remove the trim from each clip, do not try pulling up anywhere on the trim other than where the clips are as you are likely to bend it (easy to bend back into shape though lol). Then a little jif and one area at a time apply medium to light pressure with a straight forwards and backwards motion, literaly takes only 5 minutes or less per trim. Wipe the trim as you go with a clean damp cloth to see the trim, continue with the jif until the desired 'brushed' effect is achieved.