Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

demo derby car

hey guys

hopefully me and a friend will be competing in smashfest 2011 on the 22nd of April

looking for any car(s) that runs and isn't a mini or a charade.

preferably free or cheap

can pickup with a trailer so doesn't need wof or reg (taupo hams Auckland or surrounding areas preferably)

also if any wreckers etc feel like doing us cheap cars we will be happy to put your advertising all over it

if anyone has something or knows someone with a junker give me a text 02102745013

thanks Jason

Edited by jason H

I love derbies but they are getting expensive to enter now, good old humber hawk or something like that would be good do a few derbies in it then, or go jalopy racing for a few times first they have them in Wanganui. Depending on what gear you have but can set you back $6-800 time you get the car etc.

Most wreckers do a buy back deal one down the road from us does $400 sell to you price and they are at the speedway on the night and give you half an hour or so too take your roll bar out and they give you $250.00 back for it. Good luck with your search I got offered a 83 Charade but no thanks, Hyundai stellars are good, but 83-92 corolla's and ST170 corona's seem to have good crumple zones and win most of them.

I love derbies but they are getting expensive to enter now, good old humber hawk or something like that would be good do a few derbies in it then, or go jalopy racing for a few times first they have them in Wanganui. Depending on what gear you have but can set you back $6-800 time you get the car etc.

Most wreckers do a buy back deal one down the road from us does $400 sell to you price and they are at the speedway on the night and give you half an hour or so too take your roll bar out and they give you $250.00 back for it. Good luck with your search I got offered a 83 Charade but no thanks, Hyundai stellars are good, but 83-92 corolla's and ST170 corona's seem to have good crumple zones and win most of them.

yea a friend had an st170 i had my eye on but it went to the crusher a few weeks ago

i have all the seat and harness etc