Sign in to follow this  
twisted

WTB: Manual Bits from E34

Am going to be doing a Manual conversion on my 540 this year and its looking increasingly like I am not going to be able to source all the bits i need in one shot.

Things I need: S6S 420G 6 speed manual from E34 540 or E39 540/M5 - Unlikely to find this in NZ, but if anyone knows of one hiding, let me know!

Trans Crossmember

Shift linkage etc

Manual Pedal Box from E34, clutch slave/master and lines - Can be from a 6cyl no dramas.

Cheers

Sam

Depending on your budget this is what I suggest

Clutch kit - includes most of the stuff you want

The actually shifting 'arm' is only $60 brand new from BMW (I broke mine when I hit the armco at pukekohe). You could buy the rubber bushes to go in this, a shifter cup bush and a z3 1.9 shifter relatively cheaply.

The actual shifting 'bar' could be made to length to suit (I could measure mine up for you if you need down the line)

The clutch lines I made myself and just used the fittings off old brake lines from pickapart etc

Pedal box I was lucky enough to have found from a member here and the cross member HOPEFULLY would come with the box you find (I am unsure if the e39 one is the same). Either way this can easily be made at a fabrication shop too.

Hope this helps

Ian.

*edit* - NZD is relatively strong as well...so buying stuff from overseas works well. I suggest getting anything else you may need/want at the same time from pelican. In the long run it's WAY cheaper than sourcing locally. Just be aware of the GST etc that would be added on once it hits our shores.

Edited by Ian 540i6